Syncing user list via a rest service

Topics: General
Oct 13, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Edited Oct 13, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Hi, I am looking for a CMS to link together with an external database. This external database contains a large collection of user entities. I can get access to this list through a rest interface. The application that runs on the database is a Win32 application and the database is not one of the popular types.

I want essentially to be able to create users in the CMS matching the list in the external database. I don't need to create users from within the CMS at all (by manually registering on a web page). Actually that should be disabled if at all possible.

Is it possible to add and delete users in code and assign them roles? Or can I sync the user list by accessing the Orchard database directly?

Edit:

I don't have much experience with C# actually, my main proficiency is with Delphi, but looking at the documentation and looking through the code, it looks like it shouldn't be too difficult.

New users can be added with the IMembershipService dependency and I can disable users with code similar to the Moderate method in the AdminController class.

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2012 at 6:57 PM

Look at the existing membership replacement modules: http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/ByCategory/Modules/Security

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:20 PM

Thanks for the tip!