Rich Snippers - Micro Data

Topics: General
Oct 11, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I was wondering if anybody has plans to create a module to work with MicroData (Rich Snippets)?

This is good article about MicroData.

It would definitely be a great asset to the Orchard Suite of modules because MicroData is not easy to apply for non-coders and it's usage will quantify as MicroData will get more familiar in the upcoming years.

If you have any ideas or plans on this subject.

*Maybe this topic needs to placed in another category (I am new here) 

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:09 AM

Just being curious in what way a module would be helping to make use of Microdata? Do you have a scenario?

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:46 AM

The module would have to make it easier to use Rich Snippets and should also be able to convert HTML code by adding the Meta Data.
I don't know if this is exactly possible but I think that the module should work in a way that the user, when editing his page can click on a button (added by this module) and by clicking executes the Rich Snippet Filter. This filter generates the transformed code by adding the Meta Data. 

Something like this for wordpress: 

Oct 27, 2012 at 8:11 AM

It definitely looks interesting. If I understood correctly, basically you would want to enter some metadata (or microdata) per content item. This microdata would then be rendered in the form of a bunch of meta tags, one meta per microdata element.

It could be done as a content part, e.g. MicrodataPart. When you attach it to a content type, you would then have a chance of defining the data properties: name + value, where value should support tokens.

Oct 27, 2012 at 9:47 AM

I created a rudimentary implementation:

Not all of the tokens are implemented, but it will give you an idea of how it could work.

1. Install the module
  2. Enable the Microdata feature
  3. Attach the MicrodataPart to Page and or BlogPost