Publishing from VS2010 to an Azure Website

Topics: Installing Orchard
Oct 10, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Hello,

Looking for some help if possible.

I have downloaded the Orchard source and added my first "Hello World" module. All works perfectly on my local machine.

I then wanted to move this on my azure account so I added a new azure website and uploaded the database using the azure database migration tool.

I downloaded the website configuration file and added it to VS2010 and published the site with no problems.

I then changed to connection string to point at my azure database.

I then published the Orchard.web project to azure.

but, i get the following error:

None of the constructors found with 'Public binding flags' on type 'Orchard.Environment.DefaultOrchardShell' can be invoked with the available services and parameters:
Cannot resolve parameter 'Orchard.Mvc.Routes.IRoutePublisher routePublisher' of constructor 'Void .ctor(System.Func`1[Autofac.Features.OwnedInstances.Owned`1[Orchard.Environment.IOrchardShellEvents]], System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Orchard.Mvc.Routes.IRouteProvider], Orchard.Mvc.Routes.IRoutePublisher, System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1[Orchard.Mvc.ModelBinders.IModelBinderProvider], Orchard.Mvc.ModelBinders.IModelBinderPublisher, Orchard.Tasks.ISweepGenerator)'

Can anyone tell me what is going wrong please?

Thanks

Trev

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2012 at 9:37 PM

Probably an incomplete deployment. Did you build a webdeploy package and deploy that or did you use another method of publication of orchard.web?

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:54 AM

yes, i think you are right....

I have created a new website in my azure control panel then downloaded the publishing settings. Then I right clicked on Orchard.web in VS2010 and imported the settings file and then published to azure...

BTW - I am using the full source code version of Orhard and not just the web version...

So, I guess not all the project is getting published to azure, only the Orchard.web part of the project?

What do i need to do please?

Trev

Oct 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM

ok. ive given up. i think i am approaching this incorrectly.

I've decided to use WebMatrix to install onto Azure and develop my module locally, package it up and then import it into the Azure install using the package installer in the control panel.

tada!

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM

http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Building-and-deploying-Orchard-from-a-source-code-drop

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM

hi trevor,

have a look at http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/399091 you can use the fork or replicate the changelog in your own repo.

good luck, let me know if I can be of any further help.

Cheers,

P.