Orchard Search not returning any results

Topics: Troubleshooting
Oct 4, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I am using the Orchard search module, and just recently the module only returns "zero results". As far as I can tell no code has changed, the admin says that there are 61 documents in the index, and no errors have shown up in the logs. 

Any idea on what the problem might be?

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2012 at 8:11 PM

Did you try to rebuild the index?

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Yeah I rebuilt the index, says it was rebuilt and updated, contains 62 documents. But when I try a search again it still returns zero results

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM

Are you sure that search should return anything? You can also try deleting the Indexes directory under app_data\sites\default.

Oct 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM

Just tried deleting the Indexes, rebuilt it completely, still no dice. I'm just about positive it should be returning results, I tried "about" because I know we have an about page, and also "product" because there is a piece of content tagged as such, but still nothing comes back. Also "about" used to return results, I'm not sure what might have changed. 

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I don't know, sorry. Maybe the right parts aren't marked as indexed.

Oct 5, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Finally figured out what it was, the "Default number of items per page" was set to 0, which in the admin causes all content to display, but caused the search to display no results.