Default TinyMCE Editor

Topics: General
Oct 2, 2012 at 6:59 PM

I wanted to hear your thoughts about the default TinyMCE editor.

Why does TinyMCE not have any more functionality by default in Orchard? What is the reason for this?

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2012 at 11:23 PM

To make it harder for people to destroy the styling of the site. There are modules on the gallery that open up more TinyMCE features.

Oct 3, 2012 at 8:31 PM

I understand, but some people don't like to install a module for everything.

Installing a module is always a risk of breaking things, I'm not even talking about upgrading to a new version.

I just wanted to hear the reason/thought for this choice. thanks

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2012 at 10:16 PM

If you don't like to install modules, you probably shouldn't be using Orchard ;)

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:09 PM

What might be useful is a TinyMCE configuration page where the user can configure the editor. This could be done as part of the TinyMCEDeluxe module. And maybe someday it could become a feature of the default one?

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:16 AM
bertrandleroy wrote:

If you don't like to install modules, you probably shouldn't be using Orchard ;)

offcourse you need to install modules, but the less modules you have, the less things that can go wrong :p

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM
sfmskywalker wrote:

What might be useful is a TinyMCE configuration page where the user can configure the editor. This could be done as part of the TinyMCEDeluxe module. And maybe someday it could become a feature of the default one?

This would be great if you could just go to the admin panel and configure the default TinyMCE out of the box instead of installing just another module for this.

Coordinator
Oct 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Edited Oct 10, 2012 at 1:06 AM

We try to only take in core what we know is going to be used by almost all users. I don't think this qualifies.