Url Alternates

Topics: General, Writing themes
Sep 27, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Hey guys,

I'm slightly confused here. My url alternates are not working. I am just using Shape Tracing to generate them. So the syntax shouldn't be the problem. An alternate like Parts.Title.cshtml works, but Parts.Title-url-homepage.cshtml doesn't. I will look at Orchard.DesignerTools I guess, but thought I would post here first, in case I am doing something silly and obvious. Url Alternates is enabled, before you say that ^^

Cheers

Sep 28, 2012 at 2:15 AM

Okay, so the bug lies not with Url Alternates but with me. I just made a million alternates but didn't actually change them to see if they were working, just looked at Shape Tracing and went 'errrr where is my alternate?!' So there is a small problem with Shape Tracing in that it doesn't seem to recognise that I am actually using an alternate and just tells me that I am not. But I don't know why it does that, and am too depressed to find out.

I have delved into the depths of Orchards view rendering to discover that no matter how awesome Orchard is, I am still retarded. Anyway, this is a cool file for finding views and stuff, in case anyone else actually has a problem with rendering views. 

C:\Orchard\src\Orchard\Mvc\ViewEngines\ThemeAwareness\ThemeAwareViewEngine.cs : line 42

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2012 at 4:31 AM

Please file a bug.