When are you guys releasing the video recordings from Orchard Harvest 2012 conference?

Topics: Announcements
Sep 27, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Can't wait :-)

Sep 28, 2012 at 3:21 AM

^

Coordinator
Sep 28, 2012 at 5:15 AM

It will take months. We accept help in producing the videos ;)

Sep 28, 2012 at 9:17 AM
Edited Sep 28, 2012 at 3:23 PM

Months! Maybe it's an idea to release the already produced one(s). And then finish producing the others. I can help.

Sep 29, 2012 at 2:23 PM

omg, months?! what are you doing with the videos? special effects from hollywood? :-) what kind of help do you need bertrand?

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Of course we'll release them as they get produced... That goes without saying. Let me explain the problem: I need to work in order to make money and feed my family. Producing these videos comes after that. Currently, I don't have time and to tell you that I expect them to be done before a few months would be lying to you. The help I need is for people to volunteer some of their time to take the screen capture videos, the live videos and produce quality videos out of them.

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:09 PM
Edited Sep 30, 2012 at 10:10 PM

Dear Bertrand,

I think that the majority of the community prefer to see the video asp (today, this week). Even bad quality taken/produced video's. It doesn't make sense to watch them after months or years, even if the quality is (after producing and optimizing them) very high.

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM

It doesn't matter. It still takes more time than I have right now. Nobody's been talking about years however. I'll be happy to give you access to some of the raw videos if you promise to help. So far, I'm sorry to say, you've only been complaining about other people's work being too slow to your taste. We are the ones who set-up this conference, we are the ones who recorded the videos and we are the ones working on getting them out. I would appreciate, if not contributions, at least understanding.

Sep 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM

I understand and would like to help.

Coordinator
Sep 30, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Thanks, very much appreciated. Please send me e-mail at bertrandleroy at gmail. It would help if you have a ftp that I could use to drop you the files, as some are over 4GB.

Oct 1, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Maybe release the raw material as a torrent in the meanwhile? :)

Oct 5, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Hi Betrand, I have a little experience in editing video's send me the link where I can download the raw files and I can have a look. I am the Business Partner of Skywalker and would like to help.
cartago@darkskydevelopment.net 

Oct 5, 2012 at 3:16 PM

I already volunteered for editing the video's. Although I'am extremely busy, I will make some time to produce them. Info@sciencapp.com. 

Oct 8, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Why not using the new Azure media, looks good enough ?

I will have a try whith it this week.

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Where they go is not the issue. We have a couple videos ready (including the keynote) and they should start going online soon. But even with all the great help we're getting, it's going to take more time to get them all out.

Apr 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Is any of the code from the sessions available?
Coordinator
Apr 22, 2013 at 3:37 AM
What code are you looking for?