when 1.6.1 mysql supporting version is releasing?

Topics: Announcements, Installing Orchard
Sep 24, 2012 at 7:03 PM

i have tried 1.x version for working with mysql but cant able make it running due to this error 

"Instances cannot be resolved and nested lifetimes cannot be created from this LifetimeScope as it has already been disposed."

even i use default build so any body tell me exact date when mysql supporting version is going to be released otherwise i had to search for another solution which i cant find better then orchard please help me 

Developer
Sep 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Hi Waqasde,

Sorry you are getting those errors... It might be an idea to get some stack traces and Repos off you if possible? Then we can fix those issues and oyu can then carry on using Orchard.

Orchard will be released once the backlog of defects are fixed, I beleive there is about 70 or so remaining but they are being activly worked on.

Please provide a repo and we can fix it for 1.6 :)

Nick

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:46 PM

thanks nick for quick replying i have only option to use mysql with orchard  once i gave the mysql connection string on setup and submit its does create tables in database but during the process it crashes and throws this same error listed here 

http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/346877

after this when i refresh the same url its throws exception connection string not found.

Developer
Sep 24, 2012 at 9:51 PM

This is a very generic exception, it masks the underlying issue alot of the time.

Is there any way you can attach a debugger?

Sep 24, 2012 at 10:16 PM

no dear :( i cant help you more i can see only this exception . 

Sep 26, 2012 at 4:53 AM
waqasde wrote:

no dear :( i cant help you more i can see only this exception . 

Unfortunately without a bit more information there is not much to troubleshoot.  Orchard is currently at version 1.5.1 and 1.6 and beyond should be considered beta.  If you need mysql support *today* I would seek to find another alternative.  I suspect you could use SQL Compact though (no additional software to install).

Can you post anything you find in your App_Data\logs\ folder?

Sep 26, 2012 at 9:54 PM

i check all the server files but did not able find any inner exception . but one thing i forget to tell you is i have installed it on shared hosting does orchard require any special permissions??

can you people roughly tell me when orchard 1.6.1 is going to officially released

thanks

i must  appreciate  your willingness to help!

Sep 26, 2012 at 10:05 PM

There is no eta. As a community project we rely entirely on the support of free labor from talented devlopers donating their time. The bug count remains at 70.

On Sep 26, 2012 3:54 PM, "waqasde" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

i check all the server files but did not able find any inner exception . but one thing i forget to tell you is i have installed it on shared hosting does orchard require any special permissions??

can you people roughly tell me when orchard 1.6.1 is going to officially released

thanks

i must appreciate your willingness to help!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Sep 29, 2012 at 5:49 PM

just to Update you guys it might help any body else 

it was due to absence of write permission on root folder i created a folder transferred all files into it gave write permission and then run setup with mysql database and its works flawlessly .now i am running orchard 1.6 with mysql :) . you guys must catch this exception to guide user about permissions otherwise many users could get frustrated due to this simple issue.

also can you confirm all 1.5 modules will work with 1.6 or is there any   compatibility issue??

thanks

Sep 29, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Thanks for the follow-up wade. Most modules that are 1.4 and higher will work with 1.5 and 1.6. The biggest breaking change was from 1.3 to 1.4 where it changed the route part (which most modules used). This rule of course has all sorts of exceptions but it's worth have you experiment.

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 11:49 AM, waqasde <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

just to Update you guys it might help any body else

it was due to absence of write permission on root folder i created a folder transferred all files into it gave write permission and then run setup with mysql database and its works flawlessly .now i am running orchard 1.6 with mysql :) . you guys must catch this exception to guide user about permissions otherwise many users could get frustrated due to this simple issue.

also can you confirm all 1.5 modules will work with 1.6 or is there any compatibility issue??

thanks

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
John B Fraser
Core
952-261-6974