What are the *.deleted files

Topics: General
Sep 18, 2012 at 9:35 AM
Edited Sep 18, 2012 at 1:25 PM

In App_Data\Dependencies I have a file created for some reason by orchard that's called MyModuleName.deleted

Can someone elaborate on what is it's purpose ? Note that there is a file MyModuleName.dll in Dependencies folder as well and MyModuleName is set to enabled in Dashboard>Modules.

Sep 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Is it causing you a problem?

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:29 PM

To be honest I don't know if it might be related to my problems.

The module in question is throwing Orchard.Environment.Extensions.ExtensionLoaderCoordinator - No loader found for extension "MyModuleName"! all over the log and crashing whole website.  The only thing that I've noticed that differs between my other custom modules is this .deleted file in dependencies. 

Note. That when I rebuild the project everything works fine - for a while.

Sep 18, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Edited Sep 18, 2012 at 8:02 PM

I've removed the App_Data, dropped the database and started from scratch. I did a fresh orchard setup and added a simple module from codegen. Unfortunately the error still occurs. 

New clue:

Could this DynamicExtensionLoader might be the culprit ? I'm on Orchard and I see that there was a bug related to that: http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/18619.

If this is the issue could someone tell me how to make it to use PrecompiledExtensionLoader

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Are you in medium trust?

Sep 18, 2012 at 8:31 PM
Edited Sep 18, 2012 at 8:47 PM

I haven't changed the default web.config as this is a fresh install. So in web.config for Orchard.Web I have:

<!--<trust level="Medium" originUrl="" />-->

Btw. I've edited the dependencies files changing loader name to PrecompiledExtensionLoader and path to ~/modules/mymodule/bin/mymodule.dll and It looks like it's working (no more errors in the log) although I don't know if I could call this a permanent solution.

Sep 19, 2012 at 7:50 AM

Having read the Orchard module loader and dynamic compilation i know now that DynamicExtensionLoader is being used when orchard cannot find mymodule.dll in modules bin folder (which would be copied to dependencies). If it can it will use PrecompiledExtensionLoader. But can it go back for some reason from using PrecompiledExtensionLoader to DynamicExtensionLoader ?