Lost module - really weird problem

Topics: Administration, Writing modules
Sep 13, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Hey everyone,

My webiste was running fine, i don't know what has changed but all of a sudden I lost my oforms module. The module is still there, I can activate and deactivate it but it doesn't appear anymore to configure on my admin menu + the form I created has dissapeared.

If I reinstall it it doesn't come back..

I've check the logs in my appdata folder and this is what I get:

2012-09-13 13:21:24,025 [11] Orchard.ContentManagement.DefaultContentManager - NullReferenceException thrown from IContentHandler by Orchard.Core.Navigation.Handlers.ContentMenuItemPartHandler
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Orchard.ContentManagement.DefaultContentManager.GetItemMetadata(IContent content) in C:\Users\Lien\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CLB151\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\DefaultContentManager.cs:line 500
   at Orchard.Core.Navigation.Handlers.ContentMenuItemPartHandler.GetItemMetadata(GetContentItemMetadataContext context) in C:\Users\Lien\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CLB151\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Navigation\Handlers\ContentMenuItemPartHandler.cs:line 30
   at Orchard.ContentManagement.Handlers.ContentHandler.Orchard.ContentManagement.Handlers.IContentHandler.GetContentItemMetadata(GetContentItemMetadataContext context) in C:\Users\Lien\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CLB151\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\Handlers\ContentHandler.cs:line 333
   at Orchard.ContentManagement.DefaultContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass60.b__5f(IContentHandler handler) in C:\Users\Lien\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CLB151\src\Orchard\ContentManagement\DefaultContentManager.cs:line 505
   at Orchard.InvokeExtensions.Invoke[TEvents](IEnumerable`1 events, Action`1 dispatch, ILogger logger) in C:\Users\Lien\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CLB151\src\Orchard\InvokeExtensions.cs:line 17

The weird thing is that this error references to a path from my other computer where i copied the solution from: C:\Users\Lien\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\CLB151\src\

This is not the folder that i'm currently working in.

does anyone have a clue how this can happen?

Kind regards,

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:14 PM

I've solved it, i reloaded the oforms module again in Visual studio, disabled and enabled it again and it works now.

Sep 13, 2012 at 6:38 PM

And the paths you're getting from debugging information is always from where the application was compiled. Nothing to be concerned about here.

Sep 13, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Just to add, the exception you have seen is a bug in the Navigation module and will be fixed in the 1.6 release.

Sep 14, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Thanks, i'm still getting the errors but it's not a problem, i'll wait for the 1.6 release.

Do you know if their will be an upgrade system available then?