Localization

Topics: Localization
Sep 11, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Hi,

I've started working with orchard recently and wanted to make my website's contents have an autoroute path that uses their culture. Something like this:

www.mysite.com/en-US/page1

and if I create a translation of page1 into portuguese (that's my country! :) ) I would like it to appear as 

www.mysite.com/pt-PT/page1

For that purpose I've found the module Vitus.Localization (http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Vitus.Localization/1.4.2.4) which has the Vitus First Request Path Part Culture Selector - I think this is exactly what I want. The problem is that I can't figure out how to use it.

Have anyone tried this already and knows how to use it?

Also the Vitus Culture Tokens don't seem to be working for me: changed the page's autoroute part to "{Content.Culture}/{Content.Slug}" but orchard just ignores the {Content.Culture} when I create a new page..don't know why!

Any help is appreciated! =)

Best regards,
João 

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Well, we made something custom to support this.

Once we have a quiet period (note : not soon...) I might publish the module on orchard gallery (needs cleaning up first)

Reason that I say this : you can always custom add this functionality and custom-tailor it to you needs (as we did)

Sep 16, 2012 at 11:05 PM

I have the same problem... The Vitus Culture thing doesn't appear to be working so I've got to digg into tokens and autoroute. And I thought it's done already...

Feb 26, 2013 at 1:29 PM
I experience the same problem. I realize the module is provided for free, so we can't demand much support. But this module would be a real killer-module for all of us who don't have English as their client's only language.
Coordinator
Feb 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM
Ask @AimOrchard to share his code maybe?
Feb 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Sadly enough I lack any time the coming 'long' time to clean up things :/

I can only point to www.tacx.com to show you how we're using it :/

But the least you'll need (as in, howwe did it) is an 'action filter' + custom 'slug' token (that gets the 'original item' slug)