Orchard and communities

Topics: Customizing Orchard
Sep 6, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Hi to all,

i am new (can't get newer than me) in Orchard and i came across it because i am exploring the possibilites available to create a website/platform that will host several communites. Each community will have a blog space of its own, a documents repository, some plain pages and users will be able to join some of these communities after a moderator for each community will accept their request.

I am quite impressed by Orchard so far and the fact tht you can extend it with custom content types etc and i will start diging further however could some one tell me if my scenario is feasible with orchard (i am conserned mostly iwth the users/roles assigned to each community aspect and if that would be also feasible by implementing it with SSO from another asp.net provider)

Thanks in advance

Tolis 

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Did you look at multi-tenancy?

Sep 13, 2012 at 8:34 AM

Hi bertandleroy, thanks for the reply and the suggestion. However what i am looking at is more like a module rather than multi-tenancy because i don't want independent databases. I want only 1 table for the users for example and the ability to manage all features and users from the main site. I guess that rules out multi-tenancy so creating a custom module is the way to go i guess (god help me :)).

Thanks for the suggestion though

Tolis