Related Content for Blog Post

Topics: Customizing Orchard, General
Sep 2, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Is there a module for related content or post?

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:01 AM

Sep 3, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Has someone the same problem?

How solve?

Sep 4, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Perhaps you could give some more information about what you are trying to achieve?

Sep 4, 2012 at 6:59 PM

In Orchard 1.5 you can use the Content Picker field

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Ok for Content Picker, but I wish related content by one or more similar tags or in the same taxonomy like into blogs.

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Don't forget to configure the part so it allows for multiple selection.

Sep 4, 2012 at 7:58 PM

It's a manual selection. Is there no automatically selection or suggestion ( see BlogEngine or Wordpress that suggest related post by one or more equal tags )?

Sep 4, 2012 at 11:12 PM

You could always, make it yourself

Sep 5, 2012 at 5:47 AM

Where to start?

Sep 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM

Well, there are different ways you could go about it. You could add it as a part to blogs and check what tags the blog has and display other blog items with the same tags, then use placement to put it wherever you want. That might be a possible way to go about it.

Follow this guide to learn more about building parts and stuff in Orchard, if you are not sure.

And then check in the Blogs module to see how they find the most recent blogs and display them. Steal that code and just change it to find blogs with similar tags.

Alternatively, you could make a widget, although I'm not sure how that would work since it wouldn't know about the blog post... I guess you could check the url when it loads, then load some data from the server based on the contentItem that url is linked to. Although I don't know if that is possible. A challenge :)

Hope that helps a bit. If it doesn't, I'm sorry. 

Sep 25, 2012 at 8:35 PM

You could create a custom Projection Filter. Maybe create a copy of and adjust it so that it will select all contents with the same term.

Sep 26, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Slightly off, but for a nice visualization to show related tagged contents you could use automatically generated Associativy tag graphs.