Sub-Menu support in 1.5.1

Topics: Core, Troubleshooting
Aug 31, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I've read on a few posts that sub-menu support was added after Orchard 1.5 - is this true?

If so - what steps are necessary to make it work; I notice the screen shots being used on the site still use the older "View" for the menus (showing all the menuitems in a list and not multiple menues; so it's not very helpful in trying to figure out how to make it work.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:01 PM

Yes its supported and really easy to use.

have a look at the Channel 9 video and about 7:50 in Sebastien starts talking about Navigation

http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Web+Camps+TV/Sebastien-Ros-Introduces-Orchard-15

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Edited Aug 31, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Perfect! - now if I could only figure out why the menu item link alternate is not working. (eventhough Shape Trace says that it is using my alternate). Do you happen to know what would prevent an alternate from working (knowing it's named correctly etc) - is it possible that using alternates for certain items wouldn't work? (obviously alternates is working else where and even on the menu itself; but not on the menu item link).  I assume it's named correclty because trace shape says that my template is currently being used and when I click "view template" it shows my code; but it's not my code that's rendering..

It should be noted; that I have two navigations one in the header zone and one in the navigation zone; if I use the catch-all MenuItemLink.cshtml (catch all) - the first menu items in the header use this alternate; but the second menu still somehow ignores it and uses something else.  What's a good trouble-shooting tool to verify which cshtml is actually being used (since shape must be making an assumption).

thanks!