quetions consern wcf service and how to get data from ContenItem

Topics: Administration, Announcements, Core, Customizing Orchard, Francais (French), General, Installing Orchard, Jobs, Localization, Troubleshooting, Writing modules, Writing themes, Русский (Russian), 中文(Chinese)
Aug 27, 2012 at 2:37 AM

hi ,i am Able ,come from china ,i very like your posts about orchard webshop.thanks for you articles.
it is not easy to connect to you ,cause it dos't allow to access facebook and trwtter.
do you allow me to ask some questions about orchard?

first question:

first in orchard dashbord

create a DutBrand Part(Content part) which contains two fieds,

create a DutBrand (Content type) which contains a DutBrand Part.

add a query ,then and + Add a new Filter that is content types.select Dutbrand ,last Preview the query .you will make a error .,,,,why??

second question:

i want to make the mudule as a service for wcf.
how to get the data from the content items.

To bother you again!

last time ,i get the xml data by ContentItem.VersionRecord.Data.

ex:
<Data><DutAreaPart><Desc>GiGa</Desc><Reserved>GiGa area</Reserved><BrandID>{15}</BrandID></DutAreaPart></Data>

Note:<BrandID>{15}</BrandID> is a ContentPickerField.

Do you have some method to get this Filed value??

Aug 27, 2012 at 2:38 AM

Sipke Schoorstra

• Hi Able, thank you for your kind words.

I was unable to reproduce the error when creating a new part with two fields.
    What is the exact error you're seeing?

As for your second question, you can get content items using the ContentManager.
    Simply inject an IContentManager into your WCF service class (or Web API controller) and use it at will.

As for your third question, you should not be working with the Xml directly.
    Instead, cast your content item to dynamic. Then access fields like so:\

dynamic contentItem = GetContentItem(); // your own method to get the content item
    var brandId = contentItem.DutAreaPart.BrandId.Value;

As you see, you can simply access the parts and fields via property access syntax.

I would ask of you to post these questions to the Codeplex discussion forums, so others may benefit as well.

Thanks,
    Sipke

Aug 27, 2012 at 2:48 AM
Edited Aug 27, 2012 at 3:02 AM

First quetion  Exception:

Server Error in '/OrchardLocal' Application.

The best overloaded method match for 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Cast<object>(System.Collections.IEnumerable)' has some invalid arguments

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: The best overloaded method match for 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Cast<object>(System.Collections.IEnumerable)' has some invalid arguments

Source Error: 

Line 1:  @{
Line 2:      // odd formatting in this file is to cause more attractive results in the output.
Line 3:      var items = (IEnumerable<dynamic>)Enumerable.Cast<dynamic>(Model);
Line 4:  }
Line 5:  @{

Source File: d:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Shapes\Views\MenuItem.cshtml    Line: 3 
Stack Trace: 

[RuntimeBinderException: The best overloaded method match for 'System.Linq.Enumerable.Cast<object>(System.Collections.IEnumerable)' has some invalid arguments]
   CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Type , Object ) +218
   ASP._Page_Core_Shapes_Views_MenuItem_cshtml.Execute() in d:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Shapes\Views\MenuItem.cshtml:3
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +207
   System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +81
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +88
   System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +220
   System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +115
   System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper.RenderPartialInternal(String partialViewName, ViewDataDictionary viewData, Object model, TextWriter writer, ViewEngineCollection viewEngineCollection) +279
   System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData) +113
   System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model) +32
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.ShapeTemplateStrategy.ShapeTemplateBindingStrategy.Render(ShapeDescriptor shapeDescriptor, DisplayContext displayContext, HarvestShapeInfo harvestShapeInfo, HarvestShapeHit harvestShapeHit) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Descriptors\ShapeTemplateStrategy\ShapeTemplateBindingStrategy.cs:134
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.ShapeTemplateStrategy.<>c__DisplayClass28.<Discover>b__15(DisplayContext displayContext) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Descriptors\ShapeTemplateStrategy\ShapeTemplateBindingStrategy.cs:118
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.<>c__DisplayClass5.<BoundAs>b__2(DisplayContext displayContext) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Descriptors\ShapeAlterationBuilder.cs:55
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultDisplayManager.Process(ShapeBinding shapeBinding, IShape shape, DisplayContext context) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DefaultDisplayManager.cs:179
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultDisplayManager.Execute(DisplayContext context) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DefaultDisplayManager.cs:88
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DisplayHelper.ShapeExecute(Object shape) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DisplayHelper.cs:71
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DisplayHelper.Invoke(String name, INamedEnumerable`1 parameters) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DisplayHelper.cs:38
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DisplayHelperBehavior.InvokeMember(Func`1 proceed, Object target, String name, INamedEnumerable`1 args) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DisplayHelperFactory.cs:27
   ClaySharp.<>c__DisplayClass16.<InvokeMember>b__13() in C:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Clay\src\ClaySharp\ClayBehaviorCollection.cs:29
   ClaySharp.ClayBehaviorCollection.Execute(Func`1 proceed, Func`3 linker) in C:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Clay\src\ClaySharp\ClayBehaviorCollection.cs:13
   ClaySharp.ClayBehaviorCollection.InvokeMember(Func`1 proceed, Object self, String name, INamedEnumerable`1 args) in C:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Clay\src\ClaySharp\ClayBehaviorCollection.cs:29
   Orchard.Core.Shapes.<>c__DisplayClass14a.<List>b__147(Object item) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Shapes\CoreShapes.cs:617
   System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() +110
   System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() +154
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +406
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
   Orchard.Core.Shapes.CoreShapes.List(Object Display, TextWriter Output, IEnumerable`1 Items, String Tag, String Id, IEnumerable`1 Classes, IDictionary`2 Attributes, IEnumerable`1 ItemClasses, IDictionary`2 ItemAttributes) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Shapes\CoreShapes.cs:617

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) +0
   System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) +72
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) +251
   System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) +28
   System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) +19
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.ShapeAttributeStrategy.ShapeAttributeBindingStrategy.PerformInvoke(DisplayContext displayContext, MethodInfo methodInfo, Object serviceInstance) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Descriptors\ShapeAttributeStrategy\ShapeAttributeBindingStrategy.cs:64
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.ShapeAttributeStrategy.<>c__DisplayClass4.<CreateDelegate>b__3(DisplayContext context) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Descriptors\ShapeAttributeStrategy\ShapeAttributeBindingStrategy.cs:55
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Descriptors.<>c__DisplayClass5.<BoundAs>b__2(DisplayContext displayContext) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Descriptors\ShapeAlterationBuilder.cs:55
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultDisplayManager.Process(ShapeBinding shapeBinding, IShape shape, DisplayContext context) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DefaultDisplayManager.cs:179
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultDisplayManager.Execute(DisplayContext context) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DefaultDisplayManager.cs:88
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DisplayHelper.ShapeExecute(Object shape) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DisplayHelper.cs:71
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DisplayHelper.Invoke(String name, INamedEnumerable`1 parameters) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DisplayHelper.cs:38
   Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DisplayHelperBehavior.InvokeMember(Func`1 proceed, Object target, String name, INamedEnumerable`1 args) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DisplayHelperFactory.cs:27
   ClaySharp.<>c__DisplayClass16.<InvokeMember>b__13() in C:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Clay\src\ClaySharp\ClayBehaviorCollection.cs:29
   ClaySharp.ClayBehaviorCollection.Execute(Func`1 proceed, Func`3 linker) in C:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Clay\src\ClaySharp\ClayBehaviorCollection.cs:13
   ClaySharp.ClayBehaviorCollection.InvokeMember(Func`1 proceed, Object self, String name, INamedEnumerable`1 args) in C:\Users\sebros\My Projects\Clay\src\ClaySharp\ClayBehaviorCollection.cs:29
   ASP._Page_Modules_Orchard_Projections_Views_admin_Preview_cshtml.Execute() in d:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Modules\Orchard.Projections\Views\Admin\Preview.cshtml:10
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +207
   System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +81

System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +88
   System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +220
   System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +115
   Orchard.Mvc.ViewEngines.ThemeAwareness.<>c__DisplayClass7.<FindView>b__5(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, IViewDataContainer viewDataContainer) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\Mvc\ViewEngines\ThemeAwareness\LayoutAwareViewEngine.cs:59
   Orchard.Mvc.ViewEngines.ThemeAwareness.LayoutView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\Mvc\ViewEngines\ThemeAwareness\LayoutAwareViewEngine.cs:90
   System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +303
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +13
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19() +23
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +260
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +19
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +260
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +177
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +343
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +116
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +97
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +62
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +50
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +60
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   Orchard.Mvc.Routes.HttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\Mvc\Routes\ShellRoute.cs:147
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8967053
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

as  follows it is Log  in log files

2012-08-20 09:51:33,437 [11] Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultDisplayManager - RuntimeBinderException thrown from Action`1 by System.Action`1[[Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.ShapeDisplayingContext, Orchard.Framework, Version=1.5.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]]
Microsoft.CSharp.RuntimeBinder.RuntimeBinderException: The best overloaded method match for 'Orchard.Core.Shapes.CoreShapes.EncodeAlternateElement(string)' has some invalid arguments
   at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , CoreShapes , Object )
   at Orchard.Core.Shapes.CoreShapes.<Discover>b__8b(ShapeDisplayingContext displaying) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Shapes\CoreShapes.cs:line 94
   at Orchard.DisplayManagement.Implementation.DefaultDisplayManager.<>c__DisplayClassc.<Execute>b__3(Action`1 action) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\DisplayManagement\Implementation\DefaultDisplayManager.cs:line 68
   at Orchard.InvokeExtensions.Invoke[TEvents](IEnumerable`1 events, Action`1 dispatch, ILogger logger) in D:\my_files\Orchard\src\Orchard\InvokeExtensions.cs:line 17
The exception had been resolved,i deleted the query  and created again,then it was ok.
but i dont know why ,I suspect that some Assemblies  were not loaded first time.
Aug 27, 2012 at 3:36 AM
As for your third question, you should not be working with the Xml directly.
Instead, cast your content item to dynamic. Then access fields like so:\

dynamic contentItem = GetContentItem(); // your own method to get the content item
var brandId = contentItem.DutAreaPart.BrandId.Value;

it dosnt work,cause
 'Orchard.ContentPicker.Fields.ContentPickerField' does not contain a definition for 'Value'
it works by  contentItem.DutAreaPart.BrandID.Ids[0]