Contributing new Recipes to the codebase

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, Installing Orchard
Aug 25, 2012 at 2:37 AM

Hey everyone,

So I started playing with 1.5.1 after not dealing with CMSes for a while, and I'm really starting to grok the power of the platform. One thing that I am not really liking, however, is that there isn't really a good "recipe" for a corporate website that has an aggregate blog section and multiple blogs. For example, the Blogs don't have the widgets you would expect down the side, the aggregate page by default shows all of the blogs created, not the content, etc.

If I wanted to build another out-of-the-box recipe to contribute to Orchard, how would I go about doing that. Thanks!

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Well, building an aggregate page with all the posts from all the blogs should be super easy with Projections.

The way you would build a custom recipe would be by setting-up the site the way you want, then exporting the results (using the Import/Export module) and merging that exported recipe with one of the setup recipes (they are under the Recipes folder under Orchard.Setup). Once you have that recipe file, you can add it to the existing ones.