Getting text editor (TinyMCE) to recognize site css

Topics: General
Aug 24, 2012 at 3:57 PM

I just downloaded Orchard via Webmatrix and am curious how you get the text editor (TinyMCE?) to use the main site CSS stylesheet.

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:05 PM

No takers on this? :(

Aug 25, 2012 at 8:07 PM

How do you mean?  So the styles you see in the preview will look like the themed site?  

Coordinator
Aug 26, 2012 at 7:45 AM

It is possible to do so with some custom development, but it's not supported out of the box.

Aug 26, 2012 at 3:07 PM
BrandonJoyce wrote:

How do you mean?  So the styles you see in the preview will look like the themed site?  

When I am editing the content of a page I want the content to look just like it would when someone is visiting the live site.  However, it looks like the editor is using its own internal css.  I want it to use what the site is using.

Aug 26, 2012 at 3:08 PM
bertrandleroy wrote:

It is possible to do so with some custom development, but it's not supported out of the box.

Awesome, how do you go about doing it?

Aug 27, 2012 at 2:08 AM

TinyMCE has a setting for content_css which is applied to the content of the editor.  That would be the place to start.  From there, if you have specific questions, I'll try to help.  

Aug 27, 2012 at 4:30 PM

Thanks Brandon, I need to shelve this for now but I will check this out in a couple of weeks when I can get back on it.