Has anyone successfully upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5 with advanced menus module installed/enabled?

Topics: Troubleshooting
Aug 22, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Please excuse my cross-posting; getting no love on this issue over at the Advanced Menu project section.

I'm getting the below yellow screen when it loads the module's dll. Is this because the referenced method no longer exists in 1.5?:

[MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Orchard.UI.Navigation.NavigationManager..ctor(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable`1<Orchard.UI.Navigation.INavigationProvider>, Orchard.Security.IAuthorizationService, System.Web.Mvc.UrlHelper, Orchard.IOrchardServices)'.]
Szmyd.Orchard.Modules.Menu.Providers.HackedNavigationManager..ctor(INavigationProviderFactory factory, IAuthorizationService authorizationService, UrlHelper urlHelper, IOrchardServices orchardServices) +0

[DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Szmyd.Orchard.Modules.Menu.Providers.INavigationProviderFactory, Orchard.Security.IAuthorizationService, System.Web.Mvc.UrlHelper, Orchard.IOrchardServices)' on type 'HackedNavigationManager'.]
Autofac.Core.Activators.Reflection.ConstructorParameterBinding.Instantiate() +451

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:24 PM

I uninstalled the module, and just used the new menu system.  Bit of work if you're relying heavily on the old module.  Hope someone else has better news for you. 

Aug 22, 2012 at 9:35 PM

Thanks Brandon;  that's about where I'm at as well. 

I did find Piotr's twitter account and saw that he's currently on vacation and plans to check his modules for 1.5 compatibility when he's back end of Aug. I may just find other stuff to work on till then, rather than starting over with the menus (had em working just the way I wanted) :/

Cheers!