e-mails from orchard stopped about Friday ... is orchard done? is codeplex down?

Topics: Administration, General
Aug 15, 2012 at 11:35 PM

hi, I've not seen a post from orchard since 2012 August 10 Friday 09:52

usually, there are many welcome orchard e-mails every day.

is orchard down?

is codeplex down?

please advise.

thnx/gerry

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I'm getting emails from Codeplex on Orchard still - could your spam filter have taken a dislike to them for some reason?

Developer
Aug 17, 2012 at 11:36 AM

For the discussions/issues I am subscribed to I usually recieve notifications 1 or 2 days after the actual update made to them, which is extremely annoying. However I also receive the daily digest for the whole Orchard project, but they seem to be not exactly up-to-date (they never contain updates that were made a few hours prior to receiving it), and they also being sent at various times of the day, which I actually find weird. I think CodPlex changed for the worse the last they made a significant upgrade (except for the new design MS introduced for all their services).

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:10 PM

@ DavidCornish and nightwolf226  ... thank you.

FWIW, i do not use spam filters ... Outlook 2010 randomly puts something in span (even though i've turned off spam filtering a long time ago) ... my spam folder is designated favourite in my Outlook 2010 folder list, so if Outlook 2010 does misbehave, i catch that immediately.

Orchard e-mails ceased Friday August 10th and restarted yesterday, Thursday August 16th ... since 06:47 Eastern Daylight Saving Time, today, i've had around 15 e-mails from Orchard.

Now, i've wonderiing why such a huge gap between last Friday and yesterday ... i'm also wondering whether i'll ever see the huge missing backlog chunk.

if i had to guess, i'd guess that i was some kind of server problem somewhere ... i.e., the Orchard e-mails may have left at the Orchard end but they never reached my Outlook 2010 inbox.

gerry

Aug 21, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Please note:

this is NOTHING that i am doing on my end .........            they have stopped    AGAIN ..........

this is the last e-mail received from :    orchard
==> From:nxtjv [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
==> Sent: 2012 August 18 Saturday 19:36
==> Subject: One Page Layout - Ajax Content [orchard:392199]

Please note:  i am subscribed to all threads in  all discussions.

i am getting other eimails from notifications@codeplex.com], example (last received, Eastern Daylight Saviing Time):

xUnit         today 14:45 Tuesday (total on Monday =. 3)

??

g.

Aug 21, 2012 at 10:17 PM

update ........ today, between 17:02 and 17:13 Eastern DST, 30 e-mails from orchard arrived ...

Menus side by side [orchard:392200] at 17:02

Re: NH3 and multiple web servers [orchard:390883]   at 17:13

FWIW, when i click full discussion online, i see that these are backlogged messages.

g.

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2012 at 7:39 AM

We're all getting weird behavior from CodePlex notifications lately. Seems like it's been reported to them but needs votes: http://codeplex.codeplex.com/workitem/26407

Aug 22, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Happening to me too now which it wasn't before.  On the bug Bertrand mentions they do say "We're aware of the issue and have a fix in place for our next release."

We're aware of the issue and have a fix in place for our next relea