Content to multiple zones

Topics: General, Troubleshooting
Aug 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I've looked over the web a bit and some of this is likely just my ignorance of the setup of Orchard.

I want to be able to have multiple content areas on a given page.

My site has two areas a secondary header with an image and a tag line that will change based on the page, then the main content.

From what I'm reading there is some way to enter content and have one part go to one zone and another part go to the other zone.  I'm just not putting two and two together here.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:24 PM

Are you talking about global zones or local zones? Global zones being the zones typically rendered on Layout.cshtml and local zones being rendered on the Content layout. If it's the latter, it's easy: Just define the zones in your content template (override it if necessary) and render the content part shapes and fields anywhere in that template. If you're talking about dispatching shapes to a global zone, then that's as far as I know not supported out of the box. You would eiother need to write code, or install one of Downplay's modules that enable you to use to render any shape in not only content local zones, but also on the the layout global zones.