Question about precompiled project change of changeset 5ccd29036749

Topics: Core, General
Aug 7, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Like Sebastien Ros told at the last meeting he submitted a change so you can precompile your orchard instance for Azure. Because I also want to precompile for my own VPS I tried to compile my instance using that changeset.

The thing is that every module folder has to many binaries (dlls) in it.They al include the binaries of Orchard itself like Nhibernate.dll.

Is there a way so I can create a clean precompiled version? Or is this simply not finished yet? Is this is not yet or simply never possible I will do a normal deployment.

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

The target I added is removing all the extra dependencies by itself. I have used it, and also another customer successfully. Have you done a "build precompiled" and looked into build\precompiled then ?

Aug 7, 2012 at 6:51 PM

Thanks for your quick response. Because it was not totally clear how I can set the target to precompiled (like you said "build precompiled") I did the following and it worked! Edited the ClickToBuild.cmd lines:

:build
call build
pause
goto end

changed to:

:build
call build precompiled
pause
goto end

I suspect there's a better way to do this, isn't it?

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM

The batch is a shorcut to build with standard target. You can also open a command line and type directly "build precompiled"

Aug 8, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Edited Aug 8, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Thanks! It's working fine now. One thing you have to know when you want to precompile, is that you have to reference each module in the solution. The non referenced modules don't compile nor work because their folders are empty.

Aug 14, 2012 at 1:43 PM

The only thing I miss from the PreCompile target is that it doesn't do the xml transformations for you. Shall I open a bug report for that?