Creating Lists of Content Items

Topics: General
Aug 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Doc says: "To create the Book Review list, in the New menu of the dashboard, click List."

Where do I find "The 
List module (that enables the New List link)"?

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM
Edited Aug 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM

That documentation is at some point like that a little old. Use the projection/projector module for that kind of lists. List module has become obsolete

Aug 7, 2012 at 4:37 PM

Is there some documentation or sample using projection/projector?

Aug 8, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Thank's for info. I thought that was the case. Is there some documentation using projection/projector module in 1.5?

Kind Regards,
/Peter

2012/8/6 Znowman <notifications@codeplex.com>

That documentation is little old. Use the projection/projector module for that kind of lists. List module has become obsolete

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Developer
Aug 8, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Here's a great intro: http://www.davidhayden.me/blog/projector-module-in-orchard-cms

And here's a post that uses projections: http://skywalkersoftwaredevelopment.net/blog/writing-an-orchard-webshop-module-from-scratch-part-5

Oct 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM

Thank's sfmskywalker - your links are super for understanding quering and projector!

I also installed the Nwazet Commerce module as test for a customer purpose.

I appreciate a hint how to query to obtain categories list as in Nwazet.com AsideSecond zoon.

Developer
Oct 28, 2012 at 12:38 AM

No problem.

If these categories are taxonomies, you could either add a Taxonomy Menu widget to a zone, or create a Query that uses the Taxonomy (or Terms) Filter. Next, add a Projection Widget to a zone, selecting that Query.

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Basically - I am attempting to set up a commerce very identical to Nwazet.

Is there some out-of-the-box solution including theme, product catalog, product list, product description etc.

Developer
Dec 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Not yet (that I know of), but there is something coming.