security in 1.5.1, content item permission

Topics: Administration, General
Aug 1, 2012 at 8:38 PM

just migrated a project from 1.4.2 to 1.5.1 and cannot find a way to prevent showing a page! Surely I must miss something ...

with 1.4.2 using the advanced menu (Szmyd) I was able to say show only for 'authenticated' users - and all was ok.

Now in 1.5.1 using 'content item permission'. In the 'Enable Content Item access control' for a specific Content item I have all kind of possibilities.
In my case I want to prevent viewing a specific item Control for Anonymous users, however under 'view this item' I can undo the tickmark BUT there is still the grayed tickmark!? and
needless to say I stll see the page!?

? The bottom line: How do I prevent viewing a page for anonymous users?
? what does the grayed tick mark mean, how can I change/influence  it?
thanks for your time and advise, ed

Aug 2, 2012 at 7:09 AM

after some reading and testing I figured out how this works ... very logical once I understood!

consider this thread closed
hope nobody spent time on it, ed

Aug 6, 2012 at 8:57 AM

As I am totally new to the orchard CMS i would like to know what you figured out regarding the content item permissions, since it is a very vital part of the project I'm currently assigned to. 

You are more then welcome to drop me a PM instead of answering here. 

/Qruze

Aug 6, 2012 at 3:17 PM

familiarisise yourself with the following:

- dashboard -> users (NOT the users in settings)
- assign the 'user' to the role you want
- in Roles set the appropriate Roles the way you want it for 'Content Type' security
- have the Module 'Content Item Permission' enabled
- add 'parts Content Permission' to the 'Control Item' where you want to have specific control.
- in the specific 'Control item' click 'Enable Content Item access control'
- you get a list of all possibilities per role; adjust as you like/need - save
 ( the options set are derived from the 'Content Type' security settings)

after this its all logical BUT it needs some familiarisation.
good luck, ed

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:23 AM
Edited Sep 27, 2012 at 2:31 AM

I am not seeing this work properly for anonymous users. Its possible I am misusing the module. I have unchecked view all content for anonymous users in the Roles tab (otherwise they seem to be able to see everything no matter what!).

Then, I went into the Content types and enabled the ability to view for Anon users for the pieces I wanted them to see. In this case, some certian pages and the menu.  For my Menu;however, the entire thing is simply hidden. There seems to be no effect at all using the Content Permissions part.

If I am simply overlooking something obvious, please share. I feel pretty stupid already , so don't worry about pointing out the obvious :)