New Orchard 1.5.1 site - InvalidOperationException on install page

Topics: Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Aug 1, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Edited Aug 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I'm in the process of upgrading an Orchard 1.3 site to 1.5.1 via creating a new site using the 1.5.1 code and then importing the necessary changes over from the old 1.3 site (this seems like an easier option after running into numerous Module issues trying to straight upgrade the site).

Upon spinning up IIS Express locally and pointing it to the new site folder however, an InvalidOperationException is thrown:

Server Error in '/' Application.

A 'script' named 'jQuery' could not be found.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: A 'script' named 'jQuery' could not be found.

Source Error:

Line 13:     <meta charset="utf-8" />
Line 14:     <title>@Html.Title(title, siteName)</title> 
Line 15:     @Display(Model.Head)
Line 16:     <script>(function(d){d.className="dyn"+d.className.substring(6,d.className.length);})(document.documentElement);</script> 
Line 17: </head> 

Source File: c:\Users\me\thenewsite\Core\Shapes\Views\Document.cshtml    Line: 15

Looking in the Orchard.jQuery module, I can see the ResourceManifest class defines the jQuery script so I am not sure what is causing this issue.

Any ideas?

Aug 1, 2012 at 10:53 AM
Edited Aug 1, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Strange, after stopping IIS Express and restarting, the error no longer appears. Problem solved.