Orchard user section

Topics: Core, General, Writing modules
Jul 26, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Hello

I saw the documentation about N-1, N-N relations.

I wonder if i should go with Orchard.

As an example, i am developing a website, with alot of relations between user data.

Can i use Orchard for developing those kind of sites?

Because for some reason there is alot of CMSystems on ASP.NET that is handling that very bad or mostly there is no handling of that.

How is this handled in Orchard? 

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Since 1.5, there is a content item picker that may help for your particular scenario. Otherwise, there is what is described in the article. Knowing next to nothing of your particular scenario, it's hard to tell though. When you say "user data" for example, I don't know if you mean data about the users or data provided by users.

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:23 PM

data provided by the users.

For example alot of data with alot of relations and all the data provided by the users.

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2012 at 3:28 PM

OK then, it still depends on what that data looks like, in qualitative and quantitative terms, what you see in terms of UI to enter that data, etc. In any case, not much is impossible with Orchard if you're ready to write code.

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM

I am ready to write code, it is just sad for example that i am sitting and making  all businesslogic, dal, validators and so on with Umbraco, because the way that they handling data provided by users and relations very bad. Because of that my code is very crappy because i am trying to combine Umbraco and own code and it is ugly to work with and look at. 

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Well, I hope you like Orchard better. Let me know how that goes.