Is it possible to get standard ASP.NET MVC Unobtrusive Validation to work in Orchard CMS?

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Localization, Troubleshooting, Writing modules
Jul 26, 2012 at 2:19 PM
Edited Jul 26, 2012 at 2:20 PM

hi does anyone have an answer to that question, please?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10778897/is-it-possible-to-get-standard-asp-net-mvc-unobtrusive-validation-to-work-in-orc

And if possible with localization working :)

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2012 at 2:57 PM

What do you mean? There *is* an accepted answer to this question.

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:28 PM

@bertrandleroy: why are you "answering" questions, when you do not want to help? ;-) hope you are having fun...

The answer is about changing the OrchardStarter class. IS that really a good idea? I really do like the idea behind  LocalizedModelValidationProvider, but why does it remove the clientside validation funcionality? Was there a reason not to implement it ?

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I'll ignore the gratuitous attack for now (just look at how many people I've helped over the last years on this forum and elsewhere to see how ridiculous your assertion is).

You could have started by explaining what your real question was and why the answer already provided on StackOverflow was not satisfactory to you. I can't guess what's going on in your mind.

So I still don't know if that will answer whatever questions you really have, but I think that someone ought to submit a pull request with these changes so that we can open up this scenario more easily in a future release. But in general no, it's not a good idea to change core code if you can help it. If you can't help it, it should be submitted as a patch.

As far as I know, the MVC client side validation as it exists today did not exist when that code was written, but I would be wrong on that, and it may have been removed because of lack of time to test it in the context of Orchard.