Using Vandelay.Classy

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Troubleshooting
Jul 25, 2012 at 4:16 PM

I am new to Orchard and trying to create custom css and js for content pages.  I have read choppy parts of using this Vandelay.Classy object but am unsure still of how to use it.  Is there a concise step by step procedure to using this widget for custom css and js files.  I see no documentation for this widget at all.

Developer
Jul 25, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Edited Jul 25, 2012 at 6:31 PM

Do you mean you want to be able to include custom css and js files per content item? Just as you are able to do so for custom css classes with Vandelay.Industries (be sure that you're using this one, not the individual Vandely.Classy module)?

Vandelay.Classy works as follows: when you enabled the feature, a new content part was added to the system called something like Vandelay Classy, or perhaps just Classy, or Custom Css, not sure. You have to attach this part to your content type whose items you want to add custom CSS classes to. For example, if you go and edit the Page content type definition, you will have to add the Classy part to it.

I don't remember if this module supports inserting custom script & css files, but if it doesn't, I guess it would be easy to create a custom part yourself, which supports that feature (perhaps it's already there on the gallery).

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM
Edited Jul 26, 2012 at 6:15 PM

What I want to do is just have some custom css control the look of a content page.  I'm not sure how to use the Classy part of Vandelay to do that with.  I mean where do you actually enter the css code for the page to use and how do you then reference that code from within the content page using the Vandelay object.

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2012 at 6:31 PM

It's just a part that you add to a content type. Once you do, there will be additional form fields in the content item editor for that type. Enter some values in there and it takes care of the rest. It may not be what you have in mind but the only way to find out may be to check an try it.