Could we deploy Orchard 1.5 as a new Azure Web Site

Topics: Administration, Installing Orchard
Jul 25, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Edited Jul 25, 2012 at 4:06 PM

The Azure Quick deployment still proposes Orchard 1.4, is there any way to have MS proposing the 1.5 last version.

I tried a manual install, providing the 1.5 zip from codeplex but the Azure Management portal after some minutes downloading and trying to do something (??) stopped on an error.

Any way to install welcome.

Thanks

CS

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Azure just shows what the Microsoft Application Gallery has in stock. We submitted the update to them the same day the release went out, but it always takes them some time to update. It will arrive there eventually but we can't know when, as it's out of our hands.

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM

hi, have a look at the video on channel9 where Sebastien is deploying Orchard 1.5 on Azure. I did not try it, but perhaps it could help you...

http://channel9.msdn.com/Shows/Web+Camps+TV/Sebastien-Ros-Introduces-Orchard-15

Jul 26, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Thanks Bertrand and Agono, I 've seen that Mojo in Azure Gallery is very recent, may be they will soon update Orchard version.

The other option is to install everything from an VM...but long when you have already used the quick way.

CS

Coordinator
Jul 26, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Deployment directly from WebMatrix is also considerably simpler with the new Azure web sites.

Jul 27, 2012 at 6:03 AM

Thanks that was ok with web Matrix 2.

Great video also from Sebastien Ross.