Custom UI to add/edit content types.

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Jul 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM

I am new to orchard and I can't seem to find a tutorial so I was hoping someone could lead me to one or help me out here.

I am creating a new content type but I would like users to add/edit their own content types. However, I don't want them accessing the admin dashboard.  I would like to have a link on the web site that was "Add Your Content" or "Edit Your Content" that would then link to a custom page that displays the form rather than go to the admin panel.

Could anyone help me out with this or point me to a tutorial?

Jul 25, 2012 at 2:07 PM

So, I came across the tutorial for custom forms.  This has worked great.  The only thing I seemed to be confused on now is how do I show the content types the user has submitted on their "account" page or something?  I would like the user to see everything they submitted in a list and be able to edit that content.  This way, it's easy to find for the user.

Jul 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2012 at 5:56 PM

If anyone else looking to do this, here is what I have done.  

1. Using the Projector module, create a new binding to the OwnerId of the CommonPartRecord.  
  2. Create a new query with two filters:
    1. content type = myNewContentType
    2. OwnerId = UserId
  3. Create a projection using this query and added this to menu.

To create the edit link and page, I followed the awesome tutorial linked below pulled the pieces that I needed: