unable to install cyberstride contacts

Topics: Core
Jul 23, 2012 at 9:51 AM
Edited Jul 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM

Hello there,

After trying to install cyberstride contacts from the modules-gallery, in the modules-features page it says:

"missing: Orchard.messaging"

so I tried to install orchard.messaging, again via galleries. I follow the steps, and then get a screen that tells me in a green message highlight:

Successfully added 'Orchard.Module.Orchard.Messaging 1.4.1' to C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Orchard\Orchard.Web.1.4.0\Orchard\

and underneath that in red highlight:

Package uploading and installation failed:

I also tried to install Email Messaging, but this has a dependency too on Orchard.messaging, that is missing...

what is wrong here?

Jul 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM

ok, ok, I'm new here, so it's just that the versions didn't match. once I tried it with the messaging 1.4.0 and the orchard 1.4.0 it worked.

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2012 at 7:23 PM

That module has been abandoned by its authors a long time ago. There are forks that do work, but my advice would be to give up on it and use custom forms and rules in Orchard 1.5 instead to create the same thing.

Jul 23, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Thanks for Orchard first of all and the fast reply, I only found out about orchard 2 days ago and I'm quite happy that I finally found a sms based on mvc that will make my life easier!!
I'll follow your advice and install 1.5

Cordiali saluti / Vriendelijke groeten / Herzliche Grüsse / Kind regards

Robin van Teunenbroek
00 39 3383545259
www.toursardinia.com

To: [email removed]
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 11:38:12 -0700
Subject: Re: unable to install cyberstride contacts [orchard:387185]

That module has been abandoned by its authors a long time ago. There are forks that do work, but my advice would be to give up on it and use custom forms and rules in Orchard 1.5 instead to create the same thing.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com