Orchard 1.5 setup error

Topics: Troubleshooting
Jul 19, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Edited Jul 19, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Trying out the new orchard 1.5 and in the admin page get the following... The assembly reference 'IronRuby, Version=1.1.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL' could not be loaded for module 'Orchard.Scripting.Dlr'. 

I believe all I'm missing is the Iron ruby dll correct?

Jul 19, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Inserted the dll and now get the following...

The assembly reference 'Joel.Net.Akismet, Version=1.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL' could not be loaded for module 'Orchard.Comments'. 

Jul 19, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Inserted dll for that too... The assembly reference 'Orchard.Media' could not be loaded for module 'Orchard.MediaPicker'. 

Could have something gone wrong in my download or extraction? Don't know what I would need to fix this last error.

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2012 at 5:50 PM

If you have downloaded the Orchard.Source version then you need to open it in Visual Studio and compile before running the website. If you are using the Orchard.Web version then you'd better use Web Matrix as explained on this page: http://docs.orchardproject.net/Documentation/Installing-Orchard

If it doesn't solve the issue, then please explain step by step how you are doing this.

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Thanks for the response,

I Downloaded the Orchard.Source.1.5.zip and extracted it. Than I opened the Orchard.sln in visual studio. I had it load all the projects, than I published in my local web (using IIS). After setup in the admin page I get these error/warnings...

Jul 20, 2012 at 1:37 PM

I've had a lots of success working with orchard 1.4, and haven't done anything different from my setup with orchard 1.4 to 1.5. I did get the warning to go way, what I did was build the solution for orchard 1.5 and this put any missing dll's in their bin folders.

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:30 PM
afassett wrote:

I've had a lots of success working with orchard 1.4, and haven't done anything different from my setup with orchard 1.4 to 1.5. I did get the warning to go way, what I did was build the solution for orchard 1.5 and this put any missing dll's in their bin folders.

He did tell you to compile it first in visual studio ;)

Jul 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2012 at 3:50 PM

O sorry, missed that detail lol :P either way got it working. Thanks for the responses. 

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2012 at 6:31 PM

"He did tell you to compile it first in visual studio ;)"

Yes I did ;) And thanks for updating the review on the website.