Allow users to Create Blogs but not Remove Other's Blogs

Topics: Administration
Jul 17, 2012 at 8:56 PM

I was hoping to find an option to let users create their own blogs and manage their own blogs, but not remove others blogs.  In this scenario, I have a blog created by "tenant" which I want only "tenant" to be able to edit, delete.  I also want to have "user" be able to create their own blog or blogs, but not remove "tenant's" blog(s).

Currently, the only options seem to be all or nothing.  Is there any way to make it do what I want?

Jul 17, 2012 at 9:03 PM

With Orchard q.5 Content Item Permissions module you can force those permissions to specific role at the Blog level, and they will also be applied to blog posts if they are not overriden.

Jul 18, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Thanks for your response.  I searched the Modules Gallery for "content item permissions" but nothing comes up.  Where can I get it?

Jul 19, 2012 at 7:09 PM

sebastienros, can I pay you for support on this product?

Community support is extremely slow.  What is your hourly rate?

Jul 19, 2012 at 8:54 PM

Content Item Permissions is a new feature of Orchard 1.5, so the module has just been published yesterday after the official release :

Jul 19, 2012 at 9:49 PM

No you can't pay me, I can just give free support ;) 

But I know a bunch of people who could do that though. Take the most active one and ask them.

agriffard  is one of them.

Jul 20, 2012 at 12:27 PM

@agriffard:  Will it work on orchard 1.4 or will an upgrade be required?

@agriffard:  If you're interested in charging me an hourly rate to provide some support for this project while I learn various aspects, please send me your rates.  My email address is dominicarchual at yahoo dot com.  

@sebastienros:  I wish there was a larger support community!  In PHP, a new user can get questions answered almost immediately.  In the realm, it seems like no one is there to help beginners.

Jul 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM

We also hear the opposite on this forum. Maybe it depends on each question, and who's online at a particular time.

I assume there are also a little more PHP devs that Orchard ones ;)

Jul 20, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I hope the opposite becomes true for me as well.  I just need to get up an running with some of these advanced concepts.

I hope agriffard gets back to me with his rates or points me in the right direction.  I just don't want to have to wait several days before I can get an answer to a question.  Soon, I won't need to ask questions, but at this early stage of my understanding, I am having a lot of questions!

For instance, I posted this on stackoverflow

Jul 23, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I'm a little shocked by the responsiveness of this forum being described as "extremely slow" as well. We usually hear quite the opposite. Oh well, there's always room for improvement. And as the community grows larger...

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:30 PM
Edited Jul 23, 2012 at 6:38 PM

I didn't mean to offend you.  But it seems as though I have some questions I posted last week that have still yet to receive a response.  I understand orchard is quite new, hopefully, it will develop an even stronger community.  Orchard is known for having somewhat of a steep learning curve (from what I've read) so it would be great to have more hands on support for beginners.  The support docs are really nice, though.  Those were very helpful. 

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Edited Jul 23, 2012 at 6:42 PM

Well, we spend an awful lot of time on these forums (several hours a day for some of us), for free. We can't answer everything though. Sometimes we just don't have a good answer. If you want to help, you are more than welcome.

Also, it's July, and many people are on vacation. I am.

Jul 23, 2012 at 6:46 PM

Oh, I see.  Well, some support is better than none at all. Thanks for the support that you give.  Like I said, the docs were really supplemental; just sometimes I would have questions that I need to ask an expert.

I was offered to pay for some hourly support, but no one was interested, apparently.

Jul 23, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I can provide some paid help if you're interested, but I can't guarantee permanent availability. If you need something investigated, that may be enough though. Let me know.

Jul 23, 2012 at 7:12 PM

It would be nice to have the option.  I just need to know that I can get questions answered quickly when I need them.  I don't want to worry about whether or not someone will respond, or if it will take days or weeks or what.

Email me your rates at dominicarchual at yahoo dot com.  Thanks.