Orchard Queries using Multiple Tags

Topics: Troubleshooting
Jul 11, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Edited Jul 11, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Good Afternoon!

I am setting up an internal knowledge base for my company's intranet site. I am creating a tool that uses projections and queries to return items from my knowledge base list (already established). My thinking was each knowledge base item would have different tags, based on what type of issue it describes. For example, one knowledge base item has the tag of "Application Error" and "Windows" to identify the issue. My thinking was to create a query to pull any item with both of those tags. Here is where I am getting stuck.

Test #1: I selected multiple tags from the list and it states "Tagged with Application Error, Windows". When I test the query it returns results for "Application Error" as well as "Windows", resulting in double results for items with both tags.

Test #2: I select each tag individually, so it states "Tagged with Application Error" and "Tagged with Windows". When I test the query it returns no data.

Test #3: I made queries to return individual tags. They both return the correct items.

The first test to me seems like selecting a bunch of tags from the list is treating the criteria for the search like an "OR" statement. (Find all items with Tag A or Tag B). I am looking for it to return everything with TagA + TagB. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or just me using the Orchard query system incorrectly, but I'd like some feedback to point me in the right direction.

Much Appreciated!

John

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM

You may have to build your own filter.

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Thanks for your reply. I am not much of a coder, I am more or less just a HTML/CSS/JS design junky, that's why I moved to a CMS. Let me know if there's anything that you can think of that would be an easier fix for someone with less knowledge. :)

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Actually, let me retract this. The existing tag filter should just work. Please file a bug.

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Which one of my examples would fit what I am trying to accomplish? Just curious so I know when I submit my report.

Jul 12, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Submitted issue for this:

http://orchard.codeplex.com/workitem/18809

Coordinator
Jul 12, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Thanks, I added a comment to the bug.