The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Topics: Troubleshooting
Jul 11, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I'm not sure if this is an Orchard problem or a problem with my dev environment.

I am new to Orchard and thus far have be learning it through excellent videos on Pluralsight.

The video was showing me how to examine the Orchard.sdf database file. My first attempt to look at this file failed as I did not have the SQL Compact Add_On installed in Visual Studio 2010.

Once I had installed that I was able to open Orchard.sdf in Server Explorer. Futhermore I can even expand the Tables folder and see all the tables.

However if I right click on a Table and select 'Show Table Data' i get the error above.

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

This error one of those 'someone had a lazy day at the office' type errors that give (me at least) no clue as who what the probelm is. Don't you think it could have at least output the name of the 'specificd module'? But I digress. 

Anyone have some idea what this probelm could be? Is it an Orchard problem, a problem with my dev setup or a PICNIC. (Problem in chair, not in computer) :)

Cheers.

Coordinator
Jul 11, 2012 at 2:29 PM

This has nothing to do whatsoever with Orchard: the SQL Compact add-on is 100% responsible for this, so you should probably ask that question to the authors of that add-on.

Developer
Jul 13, 2012 at 11:46 AM

@Dobly Check if you have the latest version of the VS add-on installed. Had similar issues with older versions of SQL Compact addon and they disappeared after upgrading it.