More detailed info about lifecycle events?

Topics: Writing modules
Jul 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM

Hi there,

is there somewhere a more detailed information about the lifecycle of events? Where is each event called? Are events and content handlers the correct approach in Orchard to filter whole content of all parts before it gets rendered?

Regards,
Thomas

Jul 10, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Hi Thomas,

some would argue there is no one correct way to get the job done ;-) but for filtering content your approach with events and content handlers sounds like what I would do, too.

Cheers, Oliver
--

2012/7/8 tohms <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi there,

is there somewhere a more detailed information about the lifecycle of events? Where is each event called? Are events and content handlers the correct approach in Orchard to filter whole content of all parts before it gets rendered?

Regards,
Thomas

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (orchard@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email orchard@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Hi Oliver,

I found an even better way by using ShapeDisplayEvents. How I resolved it can be seen in detail soon when I'll publish the module I'm working on at the moment.

Cheers
Thomas