Error in Contact Form

Topics: Administration, General
Jul 2, 2012 at 11:42 PM

Hello, I need urgent help with the contact form. I will explain to them what I did:

1. Install the modules Contact Form, Email and Messaging Messaging and enable them
  2. In Settings, configure email, including the following information:-Sender email address: xxx@gmail.com (my email)- Host name: smtp.gmail.com;Port number: 465 and enable SSL
  3. In the option "Manage Contact Us", "Recipient user name" enter ADMIN, my administration account with the email account xxx@yahoo.com.ar

Then when I test the form, there is an error and i know what it is...

Could anyone help me?

Thank you!

Luis

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM

You'd better use Oforms module for creating a form the contact form module is outdated.

Jul 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM

but the data and how that enter, are well? or there is an error in some way?

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2012 at 5:30 AM

There is an error and you know what it is, but we don't, so it's difficult to help you...

Jul 4, 2012 at 7:27 AM

Yes if I remember it well it was a problem in the message handeler in that module. But i dropped that module because the Oforms is better and way way faster

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Or Custom Forms.

This being said, there are several public forks of the module that do work.

Jul 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Thanks!i tried OForms and solve the problem!!

Jul 18, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Hello!

After upgrading from Orchard 1.5, contact form, has ceased to send a message. I see that it is stored in the database.
With what may be the reason?

Thank you.

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Maybe your email configuration changed, or there is something in that module that depends on APIs that have changed since the last time you upgraded. In any case, 1.5 has built-in features (custom forms, rules, etc.) that enable the easy creation of contact forms without having to use a third party module.

Jul 26, 2012 at 3:25 AM

Thank you @bertrandleroy

I figured with the module CustomForm. This solution is much better.

thank you