Starting Points for specific module

Topics: Customizing Orchard, Writing modules
Jul 1, 2012 at 2:07 PM

I am looking for starting point for a web solution I want to create. The solution needs both CMS capabilities and MVC capabilities, hence the choice for Orchard. The solution is like the Western Union site.

Features from end user perspective:

User Registration: User registers himself, fills in all his data (personal data). Now user is authorized to make payments. Part of the registration is to upload ID docs.

Making Payments: User fills in the data of the beneficiairy and the amount he wants to transfer to the beneficiairy.

Address book: User can add beneficiairies to an address book and select from adddress book when maing a payment.

Listing payments: User can see all his transfers he made and the status of the transfers.

Features from admin perspective:

Validating users: Admin can check uploaded ID doc to see if they are correct and validate users, before they can make payments.

Update payment status: Admin updates the transfer status, according status of payment in backend system.

The user personal data, should that be a contentpart attached to UserPart (and use Drivers and Handlers for managing them)? I didnt want to use profile module, since I want to have my own custom table that can be easily reported on.

The beneficiairies and payments: Should this be pure MVC and using Controllers, Views or should I user contentparts here as well? How to make sure that everything created belongs to the logged in user.

I have more questions, but I would already be happy if I have some starting points here.

Jul 2, 2012 at 12:52 AM

I would take one of the profile modules as a starting point, and just modify it.

As for your other questions, it's your choice really, but having a relation from your records to the corresponding user should be quite standard and easy enough.