Folder Structure for pages

Topics: Administration, Customizing Orchard, General
Jun 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Hi, 

Is it possible to create folders for pages that you create within Orchard. The website that I am wanting to build has over 100 pages and it make sense to arrange them in folders.

Many thanks, 

Justin

Developer
Jun 28, 2012 at 2:29 PM

Not sure if such a module exists yet, but I have seen a module called "Chapters": http://gallery.orchardproject.net/List/Modules/Orchard.Module.Contrib.Chapters.

Jun 28, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Thanks. Not sure if it needs mentioning but I need this functionality for Orchard itself, and not the site I am building. 

So, in the area below. 

Developer
Jun 28, 2012 at 3:17 PM

Although I'm not sure since I haven't actually used this module, but I wouldn't be surprised if it actually provides Chapter management in the admin. Did you try it?

Jun 28, 2012 at 3:18 PM

I have but maybe I haven't set it up properly. Will keep at it. 

Developer
Jun 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Chapters is cool, although has to be updated not to use RoutablePart. Id doesn't provide a tree structure for pages on the admin UI though. I don't know of any module doing that.

Jun 29, 2012 at 6:42 AM

There is a module so that you can create a admin link for each content item type you like. It's not a folder structure but better then the content item list. You are also possible to push the edit button of each page in the frontend so you won't have to search in the admin.

Jun 29, 2012 at 8:14 AM
Znowman wrote:

There is a module so that you can create a admin link for each content item type you like. It's not a folder structure but better then the content item list. You are also possible to push the edit button of each page in the frontend so you won't have to search in the admin.

What is the module called? 

Developer
Jun 29, 2012 at 12:05 PM

It's a feature of the Vandelay.Industries module. I think the feature has a name something with "Content".