Exporting Menu Item not working with 1.4.2

Topics: General
Jun 26, 2012 at 3:53 PM

I have successfully exported my menu however the items within that menu item are not exported. 

(here is just the breadcrumb "menu")
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--Exported from Orchard-->-<Orchard> -<Recipe> <Name>Generated by Orchard.ImportExport</Name> <Author>afassett</Author> </Recipe> -<Metadata> -<Types> -<Menu DisplayName="Menu" ContentTypeSettings.Creatable="True"> <CommonPart/> <AdvancedMenuPart/> <IdentityPart/> </Menu> </Types> -<Parts> <CommonPart ContentPartSettings.Attachable="True"/> <AdvancedMenuPart/> <IdentityPart ContentPartSettings.Attachable="True"/> </Parts> </Metadata> -<Data> -<Menu Status="Published" Id="/Identifier=4f5062b3aade48d8a33b0092c93fa381"> <IdentityPart Identifier="4f5062b3aade48d8a33b0092c93fa381"/> <CommonPart ModifiedUtc="2012-06-26T14:35:54Z" PublishedUtc="2012-06-26T15:22:25Z" CreatedUtc="2012-06-26T14:35:54Z" Owner="/User.UserName=afassett"/> <AdvancedMenuPart Name="breadcrumbs"/> </Menu> </Data> </Orchard>

however tried to edit the menu's items export separately no luck... but here is what exporting with orchard 1.3 did...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--Exported from Orchard-->-<Orchard> -<Recipe> <Name>Generated by Orchard.ImportExport</Name> <Author>afassett</Author> </Recipe> -<Metadata> -<Types> -<MenuItem DisplayName="Menu Item"> <MenuPart/> </MenuItem> </Types> -<Parts> <MenuPart ContentPartSettings.Attachable="True"/> </Parts> </Metadata> -<Data> -<MenuItem Status="Published" Id="/MenuItem.Url="> <MenuPart OnMainMenu="true" MenuPosition="1" MenuText="Home"/> <MenuItemPart Url=""/> </MenuItem> -<MenuItem Status="Published" Id="/MenuItem.Url="> <MenuPart OnMainMenu="true" MenuPosition="1" MenuText="Home"/> <MenuItemPart Url=""/> </MenuItem> -<MenuItem Status="Published" Id="/MenuItem.Url="> <MenuPart OnMainMenu="true" MenuPosition="1" MenuText="Home"/> <MenuItemPart Url=""/> </MenuItem> </Data> </Orchard>

and the same setup for the menu items with exporting orchard 1.4.2...

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--Exported from Orchard-->-<Orchard> -<Recipe> <Name>Generated by Orchard.ImportExport</Name> <Author>afassett</Author> </Recipe> -<Metadata> -<Types> -<MenuItem DisplayName="breadcrumbs"> <MenuPart/> </MenuItem> </Types> -<Parts> <MenuPart ContentPartSettings.Attachable="True"/> </Parts> </Metadata> -<Data> -<MenuItem Status="Published" Id="/MenuItem.Url=\/about-us\/our-history"> <MenuItemPart Url="/about-us/our-history"/> <MenuPart OnMainMenu="true" MenuPosition="1.1.1" MenuText="Our History"/> </MenuItem> </Data> </Orchard>

Either way i had to create the menu items but not the menu breadcrumbs. I would like to export everything with the menu and it's items... An idea what is wrong with the xml and how to edit it to work? Thanks

Jun 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2012 at 6:51 PM

thought I had something but didn't work what i tried was have pages use breadcrumbs and thought this would create menu items... it does if you do it manually.

Jun 26, 2012 at 7:01 PM

Also Tried exporting pages with menu item not luck, trying to take this at a ui approach rather coding... Maybe its just not intuitive but I'm close to getting what I need. 

Coordinator
Jun 27, 2012 at 1:19 AM

You should ask the author of the AdvancedMenu module that you're using.

Jun 27, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Normally I would but there has been some issues with the site and when i go to contact the owner the site spits back an error... 

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Ok tried again today sent a msg... no error on the page but sometimes give me permission errors just kept trying and it msg sent.

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Ok figured it out! You have to export "Simple Menu Item" still don't see whe Menu Item is... but just glad i have it work.

Developer
Jul 13, 2012 at 11:40 AM

@afassett Yes, "Simple Menu Item" is the name of the content item that is being used in navigation as a basic menu item (with url and title). It's called like this because the initial idea was to have multiple menu item types, like "Html Menu Item", "Image Menu Item" and so on.