Placement definition

Topics: Writing themes
Jun 19, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Hey guys,

I thought I might have figured this out, but I'm not sure it's correct.

If I want to target a specific zone in my Placement file to show/not show certain things, is the following syntax correct?

<Match Zone="FooterQuadFirst">
</Match>

This definitely worked in that zone, but I also noticed that it took affect on a widget I placed in TripelSecond as well and I want to apply different rules in that zone for those Parts.

Thanks for the info! 

Jun 19, 2012 at 8:03 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2012 at 8:04 PM

according to the documentation, I can't use a Zone definition in a Match statement, so I'm way off in that.

Here's the situation...I'm using the Recent Blog Posts widget in 2 places...in FooterQuadFirst, I simply want to display the post title, so added this to my Placement file surrounded by the incorrect Match statement above.

<Place Parts_Common_Body_Summary="-"/>
<Place Parts_Common_Metadata_Summary="-"/>
<Place Parts_Comments_Count="-"/>
<Place Parts_Tags_ShowTags="-"/>

which removed everything except the title and the link.

On my homepage layer, I also have the Recent Blog Posts widget in TripelSecond, however, in this zone I want to display everything the widget normally would except the Tags and Comments Count.

Can I differentiate between the 2 zones in any way so I can achieve this in Placement? Thanks

Developer
Jun 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM

For such differentiation there are the display types. Using Projector widgets you can specify the display type too, then you can match on that in Placement.info.