Trying to upgrade to 1.4.2 Migration problems.

Topics: Troubleshooting
Jun 13, 2012 at 5:00 PM

So I'm trying to upgrade from our 1.3 install to 1.4.2 and I've been having all kinds of problems. The one I'm running into now is a fairly typical one I've had in the past of migrations not being run and thus the model not matching what's in the DB causing the site to error and preventing me from running the migrations. It's happening to me with the advanced menu module (that I upgraded to the new version). I was had the understanding that migrations were not run automatically but that doesn't seem to be happening. Is there some module I need to download/enable for this to happen?

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:02 AM

Migrations *are* run automatically.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2012 at 10:07 PM

Check your App_Data\Logs folder first for any errors, I have found that next modules are incompatible with 1.4.2: 

• Lucene
  • Orchard.CodeGeneration
  • Orchard.Email
  • Orchard.Indexing
  • Orchard.Lists
  • Orchard.Messaging
  • Orchard.Search
  • Szmyd.CodeGeneration

Copy those modules to the temporary folder, then install them manually from the repository. 

PS: don't forget to change feed url for your gallery to:

Jun 15, 2012 at 7:36 AM

What do you mean they're incompatible??

Jun 18, 2012 at 4:06 AM

Sorry for the misleading description. During the upgrade you can have an older version of Lucene with a newer version of Orchard in the same folder. So, you'll need just delete an older version of Lucene to run Orchard correctly and than install Lucene from the repository again. i.e.:

• Step 1: Before the Upgrade (Orchard 1.3 + Modules compatible with 1.3)
  • Step 2: Upgrade Orchard (Orchard 1.4 + Modules compatible with 1.3) - error 404 - orchard can't load some libs and initialize routing
  • Step 3: Delete incompatible modules (Orchard 1.4 + No Modules) - you can run an application now 
  • Step 4: Install Modules from repository (Orchard 1.4 + Modules compatible with 1.4)       
Jun 18, 2012 at 4:21 AM

damn, I have put an answer under the different discussion, please see the issue here: