User Role settings are not being saved

Topics: Administration, Core, General, Troubleshooting
Jun 11, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Orchard v.

Here's what's going on: I create a new user on my Orchard v. site, I select the roles for that new user (i.e. Editor), then I click the Save button. Orchard responds with a nice "User information updated" message.

Moments later, I go back to Users, I select the same user I created previously and all user roles (check boxes) are unchecked. Orchard is not saving my user role settings?

This looks to me like a bug. Problem is, my new users cannot edit the site because even if I give them the Editor role, Orchard is not updating the user roles properly.

Any ideas on how I may be able to troubleshoot that?

Thank you in advance,

Jun 12, 2012 at 1:45 AM

I can't reproduce that. What you should see when you hit the save button is several messages, not just the one you're seeing. It should have one message for each role added or removed. Do you see anything in app_data\logs corresponding to the times when you tried that?

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:27 PM

bertrandleroy, I looked at the log files but cannot understand anything (i.e. Chinese). I deleted the two users I had on my Orchard site, then re-created them and now I am able to assign their roles just fine. Go figure...

If you wish, I can email you the log files, I too would like to know what was going on and what was causing this issue. Email me at and I will attach the log files with a reply email for you.

Thank you for your quick reply,

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:49 AM

I'm not sure it's worth the trouble as the issue is fixed for you and apparently no one else has had the same problem. Thanks though.