Place page title in different zone

Topics: Writing themes
Jun 6, 2012 at 6:32 AM
Edited Jun 6, 2012 at 6:34 AM

I thought I was using Placement.Info properly, but I must be misunderstanding because I can't get this to work.

I have the following in my Placement.Info

<Match ContentType="Page">
  <Place Parts_Title="BeforeContent:1" />
</Match>

So I'm trying to render the Page Title in the BeforeContent zone instead of the Content zone. When I display the page, the title is no longer present in the Content zone, but it's not showing up in the BeforeContent zone.

I verified that the BeforeContent zone works by placing an HTML widget in there and it rendered fine.

Is there something else I need to do to get the Page titles to display in a different zone?

Thanks for the help!

Coordinator
Jun 6, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Placement currently only works with local zones. You are trying to make it work with top-level zones. It will be possible in 1.5. In the meantime, you'll have to add a bit of code in order to achieve it.

Jun 6, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Wow...thanks for the quick response Bertrand...I fired off that question and went to bed =)

So...I have a couple brief follow up questions based on your answer:

1. Is there a rough estimate time frame on v1.5?  3 months, 6 months, 5 year plan? lol  - I just read the feature discussion for 1.5 on this item and your ideas look great.

2. For writing a bit of code, I'm guessing you're referring to randompete's "Through the looking glass" tutorial?

I'll take a look at that and see if it's something I can manage until 1.5 is out.

Thanks again!

Coordinator
Jun 8, 2012 at 5:49 AM

1. not yet but less than 3 months for sure

2. yes