@rouen_sk: "maybe you just dont care about people willing to develop on your platform"
I just want to prevent you from coding anything that you will throw out in a month or so. But I can't prevent you from doing so, feel free to implement a better menu module. Or maybe you could also join our weekly meetings and give us some feedback
and participate in the design of those features, like we have been doing for the last 3 weeks about the navigation module.
1. This matter has been discussed last week during the committee meeting, you really should join and make your voice heard. The decision was that such HUGE menus are generally huge because they embed lots of contents. Those contents in the current
menu system will obviously come dynamically injected, and is not rendered in the tree to keep it light. There will be an option to do that later but nobody want to see those big menus while working on it.
I don't see what code was merged actually. If you are talking about the Menu Part editor, we have also decided during the last meeting not to include it by default, but replace it with a new Navigation Part just showing if the current content item is on specific
menus. If you don't like it, you can also remove the part. This will be demonstrated at today's meeting.
2. See end of previous answer
3. It's already implemented, it was demonstrated 2 weeks ago, and there is also a Breadcrumb widget.
4. Now they are localizable. That's why we also can create multiple menus. What are "optional links between menu items" ?
5. Can you file a bug please with this simple repro ?
As a reminder, weekly meetings every Wednesday at 12PM PST. Please introduce yourself if you join today.