Blog - How to let users post drafts but not able to publish:

Topics: Core
Jun 4, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Livewriter always allows publishing along with a few of the others I've tried.  I wantto give users the ability to post drafts to my blog but never be allowed to publish.  That will be the admin's job to review the post thn pubish.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:10 PM

When you say "users" do you mean from the front end, like anonymous users, or well known authors, then from the dashboard ?

Have you checked the permission named "Publish Blog Post [for Others]" ?

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM

To be more specific,  I have a set number of "authors"  who have the default "author" role assigned to them.   All I realy care about is that they can post drafts but not able to anything more than that.  I would prefer to use something like "LiveWriter" but seems a bug always lets the ser publish if he/she can connect to the blog regardless of permissions.

"Publish Blog Post [for Others]" is unchecked.

I'm new to Orchard and considering it for renewing a website, thank you for your quick response.

Jun 4, 2012 at 6:19 PM

If Publish and Publish for Others is unchecked, they should not be able to publish them, remaining in Drat as you requested. The fact that you can do still do it in Live Writer is a bug, please file it. But it should work for the dashboard, I know there is a unit test for that.