Operation could destabilize the runtime

Topics: Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
May 30, 2012 at 5:42 PM

I downloaded version 1.42 using Mercurial (I went to the tip of the tree which was (and still is as of right now) 9c21fbfc3309.

I built in VS 2010.  All 63 projects built successfully.

I set web project as start up and ran.  This is what I get:

Server Error in '/OrchardLocal' Application.

Operation could destabilize the runtime.

Source File: c:\dev\Orchard\src\Orchard.Web\Core\Common\Handlers\CommonPartHandler.cs Line: 0

When using the debugger the sequence before this final message appears is:

An exception of type 'System.Security.VerificationException' occurred in Orchard.Core.dll but was not handled in user code.

An exception of type 'Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException' occurred in mscorlib.dll but was not handled in user code

I know that there is other discussion of this issue, but I'm posting this as new because this originated with a fresh install before I made any modifications.

Help and thoughts would be appreciated.

- Mike Cullina

May 30, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Additional info.  Here is that last part of my trace:

First-chance exception at 0x7508b9bc in WebDev.WebServer40.exe: 0xE0564552: 0xe0564552.
A first chance exception of type 'System.Security.VerificationException' occurred in Orchard.Core.dll
An exception of type 'System.Security.VerificationException' occurred in Orchard.Core.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: Operation could destabilize the runtime.

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x13e8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1868) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
A first chance exception of type 'Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException' occurred in mscorlib.dll
An exception of type 'Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException' occurred in mscorlib.dll but was not handled in user code

Additional information: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.Data.IRepository`1[Orchard.Core.Common.Models.CommonPartRecord], Orchard.Data.IRepository`1[Orchard.Core.Common.Models.CommonPartVersionRecord], Orchard.Services.IClock, Orchard.Security.IAuthenticationService, Orchard.ContentManagement.IContentManager, Orchard.ContentManagement.MetaData.IContentDefinitionManager)' on type 'CommonPartHandler'.

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x6a4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
Orchard.Exceptions.DefaultExceptionPolicy: ERROR - An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.Data.IRepository`1[Orchard.Core.Common.Models.CommonPartRecord], Orchard.Data.IRepository`1[Orchard.Core.Common.Models.CommonPartVersionRecord], Orchard.Services.IClock, Orchard.Security.IAuthenticationService, Orchard.ContentManagement.IContentManager, Orchard.ContentManagement.MetaData.IContentDefinitionManager)' on type 'CommonPartHandler'.
'WebDev.WebServer40.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\assembly\NativeImages_v4.0.30319_32\System.Dynamic\1068f2ab72344a619d5ea23095b75c22\System.Dynamic.ni.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'WebDev.WebServer40.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Dynamic\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Dynamic.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
A first chance exception of type 'System.Web.HttpException' occurred in System.Web.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Web.HttpException' occurred in System.Web.dll
'WebDev.WebServer40.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'DynamicProxyGenAssembly2'
'WebDev.WebServer40.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'DynamicProxyGenAssembly2'
A first chance exception of type 'Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Additional information: An exception was thrown while invoking the constructor 'Void .ctor(Orchard.Data.IRepository`1[Orchard.Core.Common.Models.CommonPartRecord], Orchard.Data.IRepository`1[Orchard.Core.Common.Models.CommonPartVersionRecord], Orchard.Services.IClock, Orchard.Security.IAuthenticationService, Orchard.ContentManagement.IContentManager, Orchard.ContentManagement.MetaData.IContentDefinitionManager)' on type 'CommonPartHandler'.

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x2d98) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1f24) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[8808] iexplore.exe: Script program' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[11508] WebDev.WebServer40.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The program '[11508] WebDev.WebServer40.exe: Managed (v4.0.30319)' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Coordinator
May 30, 2012 at 7:14 PM

This change set is NOT 1.4.2. It's the current state of 1.5, which is not guaranteed to be stable. Take default if you want 1.4.2.

May 30, 2012 at 8:14 PM

Thank you Bertrand.  I reverted to the default and my problem disappeared.  Hooray!

- Mike Cullina