Admin panel access

Topics: Administration, General, Installing Orchard
May 25, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Edited May 25, 2012 at 12:52 AM

Hello, I am a new user. Please bear with me.  I want to create a simple contact page with email access etc.  I just downloaded oforms nupkg which is supposed to have those features. I can't find the admin panel on the dashboard to receive the pkg. my login id has admin authority. 

Update.. Still interested in an answer for the above, however I did use the "galleries" option to find the modules and install directly.

Developer
May 25, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Do you mean you are looking to install the pkg file? If so, you can do this via the Modules section -> Installed tab -> Install a module from your computer. Alternatively, you could install oforms directly from the gallery.

May 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Thank you for the response. Now I see that install option in the Modules section. That surely beats the instructions I was reading. Now if I could hijack my own thread.. I created a Contact-Us form, using the Ofiles module. Everything seemed to go fine. I am getting the "Thank you  for submitting" msg but no email sent. I have the email messages, and messages modules installed. I set the email setting to my email providers SMTP settings. I am running Orchard under the Webmatrix environment right now. Any suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.  Thanks, Rich

Developer
May 25, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Ok great to see you got it to work. With regards to the email not being sent: could you chek the log files in App_Data\Logs? You might find some clues there.

May 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM

All email issues resolved, thanks to your suggestion on checking that log.  The actual issue was not filling in the final email body. I just assumed that all input collected would be sent. The error in the log "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" Was the clue. Thanks again! I appreciate the help.   Rich