Orchard custom forms

Topics: Administration, General
May 24, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Hello,

I'm using orchard 1.4.2. I'm using the orchard custom forms. I have the form on my website and a rule to email the form when submitted. I received the email, but the body of the email is empty.

This is how I have the rule for the email set up.

<p>Contact Us Page:</p>
<p>
<ul>
<li>Contact Name: {Resquest.ContactUS.Name.Value}</li>
<li>Contact Email: {Resquest.ContactUS.Email.Value}</li>
<li>Contact Phone: {Resquest.ContactUS.Phone.Value}</li>
</ul> </p>
<p>
{Resquest.ContactUS.Message.Value}
</p>

The only thing showing on the body of the email is:

Contact Us Page:

Contact Name:

Contact Phone

Thanks,

Benito

Coordinator
May 24, 2012 at 9:30 PM

That’s not how it should be done. I will assume that Name Email and Phone are fields. Then use them as standard fields:

Contact Us Page:

<ul>

• Contact Name: {Content.Fields.ContactUS.Name}
  • Contact Email: {Content.Fields.ContactUS.Email}
  • Contact Phone: {Content.Fields.ContactUS.Phone}
    </ul>

{Content.Fields.ContactUS.Message}

• May 24, 2012 at 9:37 PM

sebastienros,

OMG it work. Thank you very much. I mean it

Thanks,

Benito

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

Hi Sebastienros, I've set up the custom forms and e-mailing rules but my form does not accept spaces. Is there some validation I need to enable? Thanks David

Jul 6, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I would like to know the answer to that question too.

Thanks,

Benito

Sent: Friday, July 06, 2012 8:23 AM
    To: Benito Caceres
    Subject: Re: Orchard custom forms [orchard:357056]

Hi Sebastienros, I've set up the custom forms and e-mailing rules but my form does not accept spaces. Is there some validation I need to enable? Thanks David

Disclaimer - 08:25:20 Fri 06 Jul 2012

This communication is from a debt collector. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for orchard@discussions.codeplex.com. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. 9998855

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Hi Guys, The "no space" problem was caused by a javascript file I had that had attached an event to the space bar click. Once I disabled the javascript the form accepted spaces. Thanks, David