Where / how to install my Rest Autocomplete web service

Topics: General, Installing Orchard, Troubleshooting
May 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I have an Orchard CMS installation in my root directory. I also have a .NET webservice that is returning the data for my autocomplete. 

What is the correct way to install this application for my Orchard site?

I tried to add a sub folder with my autocomplete applications, but now I get web.config errors.

I saw mention of installing it as a Module, though I'm new to Orchard, so don't know quite what that means or if it will help.

Another option I saw mentioned is installing Orchard in a subdirectory, and using rewrites... I'd like to stay away from this if possible as it seems messy.

What is the best way to do this? I'm sure I'm not the first person with this use case.

Thanks in advance...

May 9, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Well, you seem to have posted on this thread: http://orchard.codeplex.com/discussions/280041 so I suppose you must have read everything there. Did it not work for you?

May 9, 2012 at 4:58 PM

Yes , I tried that and can't get it working... so I was wondering if there's an easier (more proper way), I found this answer on stackoverflow for example.

Perhaps if I post my web.config on the other thread someone will be able to help me... ?

May 9, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Rewriting all URLs seems a little heavy-handed. The config can be changed for this to work. Compare the default machine config with Orchard's root config and try to determine what has been removed that you need to add back.