Content List Admin Menu Item no longer displays list of items in 1.4.1

Topics: Troubleshooting
May 6, 2012 at 8:15 AM

In Orchard 1.3 I had defined a "Calendar Event" content type, and a list to contain these. On the properties for the list I had the option enabled to show the list on the Admin Menu.

Click on this menu item in the admin menu would display a list of all content items in the list.

Since upgrading to 1.4.1 clicking the menu item now goes directly to the list properties (edit) and as far as I can see the only way to get to the list of content items it contains is to go to the Content menu, the the Content Types tab, and choose to list the items for the "Calendar Event" content type.

This is sub-optimal as I want to provide a direct link to list the Calendar Events in the admin menu for my site maintainer to access. Is this a bug or do I need to be configuring lists differently somehow in 1.4.1?

May 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM

It's not a bug. I realised that after upgrading to Orchard 1.4.1 that my new installation was missing the Orchard.Lists module. As soon as I reinstalled this the list menu item in the admin menu correctly displayed the list items.